With iOS and Android firmly holding their ground as the top two smartphone platforms, many argue that there is room for a third platform as well. The tussle for that place is between BlackBerry and Windows Phone, both have been working quite hard to get their platforms off the ground. Nokia has pledged unwavering support to Microsoft and its Lumia range of smartphones are testimony enough. According to AdDuplex, a Windows Phone app advertisement firm, the Nokia Lumia 920 is the best selling Windows Phone around the world.
Of the entire Windows Phone market, Nokia reigns on 80%, thanks to its Lumia smartphones. Nokia Lumia 920 sits at the top with 14% of the entire Windows Phone market share with the Lumia 800 coming in second place. The margin between both of the isn’t that much, in fact when rounded off both of these devices have 14% share of the entire market. Windows Phone 8 is also gaining share over Windows Phone 7, growing almost 5% last month. According to a latest report Windows Phone 8 adoption rate has reached 12% last month, putting it in a position to overtake Windows Phone 7 only a couple of months down the road.
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-09: Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-04-09: Nokia 225 Is Slimmest Affordable Internet Handset
- 2013-08-30: Nokia's HERE Auto Revealed To Be In-Dash Navigation System
- 2013-03-26: Windows Phone 8 Update Activates FM Radio, Double-Tap To Wake On Lumia 920
- 2013-03-04: Nokia Catwalk Expected To Succeed The Lumia 920
- 2012-10-30: Windows Phone 8 SDK Released at BUILD
- 2012-09-05: Nokia special event wrap-up