Smartwatches seem to be the trend these days and it looks as though almost every tech company has either released a smartwatch, or has been rumored to be release one. Nokia has been the subject of such rumors and according to the latest one, Nokia’s alleged smartwatch is said to arrive come Q3 2014. This will be a Nokia product as only the handset division of the company will be sold to Microsoft, so this smartwatch will be allegedly made by the part of Nokia that is unsold. The development of said device is rumored to be led by Nokia’s head of emerging devices, Axel Meyer, and Peter Skillman, and will feature a bunch of functions that we have seen in the past, such as Nokia Morph.
Like we said earlier, this is not the first time we’ve heard about Nokia planning a smartwatch of their own. In fact alleged photo leaks might have even revealed a possible component of the device, although this is probably the first time that we’ve heard such a “definite” release date. Either way take it with a grain of salt for now, but we’ll definitely be keeping our eyes peeled for more information. With Apple also rumored to launch an iWatch come 2014, it will be interesting to see which company will prevail.
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-13 Insurance Companies Could Subsidize iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-04-09 iWatch Circuit Board Samples Reportedly Being Sent To Apple [Rumor]
- 2014-03-25 Nokia's Smartwatch Could Debut At Microsoft's BUILD [Rumor]
- 2013-10-03 Nokia Smartwatch Allegedly Pictured