We had reported a while back that there was a good chance Sprint’s HTC EVO View 4G would be seeing the Honeycomb 3.2 update by the end of the year, and the good news for those who are still holding on to their devices is that it appears there are reports of Sprint customers who are receiving the OTA update as we speak.
According to the official changelog:
- Physical Hard keys replaced with on screen Soft keys
- New Google search, available on every page
- System Bar: Quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation buttons available at the bottom of the screen
- Notifications menu moved to the bottom right corner of the screen, on the System Bar.
- The Action Bar—which can be accessed by touching the Plus Sign icon at the top right of the screen—is the key to contextual, changing menus that are controlled by each application.
- Enhanced security including Sprint Data Link and 3LM
- Google video chat
- Fixed a bug that kept Bluetooth from working in airplane mode
As we had mentioned, the update appears to be rolling out as we speak and it’s probably being pushed out in batches, so fret not if you have yet to receive the notification asking you to update. If you’d like to force check the update, pop on over to your tablet’s Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Update > Check now.
[Image credit – SprintFeed]
Filed in Android 3.2.. Read more about