iphone-4s-review-1024Is it me, or are there more and more fatalities attributed to smartphones these days compared to the previous decade? Perhaps this is due to the natural rise in the number of smartphone owners, or the quality control somewhere along the way has dipped. An 18-year old girl from Xinjiang, China, was electrocuted to death by her charging iPhone 4S while she was in bed. As to whether Wu Wenyuan was sleeping or not during the incident, that remains unknown.

The iPhone 4S was said to be plugged into a knock-off charger, which could be the cause for the electrocution. Weyuan was a student from Korla, and it was her sister who discovered Weyuan in such a sate, when she realized that there was a burning smell in the house upon returning home from work.

To her horror, Wu was found in bed with her skin burnt to a crisp, with a broken iPhone 4S located right next to her body. She was most probably dead by then, with the iPhone 4S’ screen looking smashed. An autopsy which was performed later on discovered electrocution marks on Wu’s neck, hands and left foot, with the cause of death being attributed to electrical “leakage” from the smartphone which resulted in the electrocution. Good thing this girl with her Galaxy S4 did not suffer the same fate.

Filed in Apple >Cellphones. Read more about and .

  • 960x640
  • 330 PPI
8 MP
  • f/2.4 Aperture
1432 mAh
    0.5GB RAM
    • A5
    • None
    ~$105 - Amazon
    140 g
    Launched in
    Storage (GB)
    • 8
    • 16
    • 32
    • 64

    Discover more from Ubergizmo

    Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

    Continue reading