Ah, exploding smartphones. These do seem to happen far too often than what we are comfortable with, and after what seems to be a lull in this particular bit of news, we are not too happy to report that the latest incident involves an exploding iPhone 5c. As a result, the victim, a man from Long Island, had to be hospitalized.
Touting that his iPhone 5c exploded in his pants pocket, the man shared, “I just want my leg back to what it was, you know.” He further described how he is now able to empathize with bulls as they are being branded, since his exploded iPhone 5c actually resulted in second and third degree burns on his inner thigh, causing him to be hospitalize for more than a week after receiving treatment at a burn unit in the hospital itself.
He continued, “And just like an instant burn, my leg just starts going on fire, try to get it out, can’t get it out. I was literally jumping up and down trying to get the phone out of my pocket, but I think the phone melted my pockets shut so I couldn’t get into it and I had to rip my pants off and throw the pants to the side.” Mike Della, a personal injury lawyer, intends to bring Apple to court over this incident on the victim’s behalf.