From X-ray vision to teleportation, augmented and virtual realty, wearables and the Internet of Things are bringing “Superpowers to the People”. These new technologies are enabling us to be better at anything we do in work and life, transforming the ordinary into extraordinary, and giving superpowers to anyone that has access to them.
Find your superpowers at this year’s Augmented World Expo (AWE), the largest conference and expo featuring augmented and virtual reality, wearable tech and IoT. Over 3,000 tech professionals will engage in over 20+ workshops, 200+ interactive demos, a VR experience powered by UploadVR and 100+ AWE-inspiring talks at the Santa Clara Convention Center next week, June 8-10, 2015.
Day one of the conference is dedicated to learning with over 20 workshops and aimed at equipping developers, designers, CIOs, and technologists with the knowledge and skills you need to work with the latest technologies. Day two features nearly 100 micro-talks showcasing product demos and presentations on industry use cases leveraging AR, VR, wearables, and IoT. The final day of the conference is set to inspire the audience with some of the world’s leading experts and pioneers telling their stories of creating experiences with interactive tech. This year’s keynotes include the father of wearable computing, Steve Mann; award winning Sci-Fi author, David Brin; Google’s Project Tango lead, Johnny Lee and Aviad Almagor, Augmented Reality Program Manager at Trimble, a Microsoft Hololens partner.
As part of the UploadVR experience, AWE attendees will hear from VR leaders and pioneers in a dedicated speaker track. Topics in this track explore investments in VR, the impact of VR in the classroom, and how VR is changing the landscape of health and medicine. Speakers include VR pioneer and co-creator of VRML and X3D ISO standards for networked 3D graphics, Tony Parisi; president of Firsthand Technology and founder of DeepStream VR, Howard Rose; and grandfather of VR, Tom Furness.
- 3-days of workshops, microtalks, and AWE-inspiring talks
- A jam-packed expo area exploring AR, VR, wearables and IoT
- Over a dozen smart glasses at the event including DAQRI, ODG, Meta, Optinvent, Seebright, Epson Moverio BT-200 and more
- Hands-on workshops including a 3D UI workshop with Steve Mann and Steven Feiner
- A dedicated VR expo featuring Bjork’s VR film “Stonemilker” which debuted at the MoMA in New York in March of this year
- Microtalks exploring AR looking at specific industry verticals including the automotive industry with auto leaders such as Honda, Volkswagen, Jaguar-Landrover and more
- The Auggie Award ceremony showcasing the best-of-the-best in Augmented Reality
For more information and to buy tickets visit awe2015.com. Ubergizmo readers can get 50% off 1-day and 3-day passes using the code UBERGIZMO50 or grab an exhibit only pass for just $19 using the code UBERGIZMO19.
Filed in Augmented Reality (AR), Conference and Tech Conference.. Read more about