Few followers on Instagram? Is it too much distracting to use? Maybe there’s a privacy concern you need to address?
Whatever be the case, we will show how to delete an Instagram account. However, do note that you will not find any option to delete the Instagram account through the app. You will have to log in to the desktop version through the browser and follow the steps mentioned below.
Things You Need To Know Before Deleting The Instagram Account
- Deleting the account will result in complete data loss (photos, profile, videos, followers, likes, comments).
- There is no way to reactivate a deleted account nor you can use the same username again.
- If you want to just disappear from Instagram but still keep the data of your profile, then you can temporarily disable your account. After you disable the account, no one would be able to see your profile (they would think that you have literally deleted the account). But, you can activate the account by logging in the next time.
Steps To Delete Instagram Account
- Head on to Instagram’s Account deletion page through the browser.
- Log in to your account if you have not already.
- After you have successfully logged in, you will be asked to specify the reason why you are going to delete the Instagram account. In addition, you will be suggested to simply uninstall the app if you want to take a break.
- Specify the reason and then scroll down to re-enter the password to confirm your deletion.
- Finally, click on “Permanently delete my account“.
In case, you changed your mind and want to preserve the data but keeping your profile hidden from the world, you can simply disable the account temporarily. Here’s how you can do that:
Steps To Temporarily Disable Instagram Account
- Head on to Instagram’s account edit page through the browser.
- You will be asked to log in to your account if you have not already.
- After logging in, you will find the account edit page where it lets you edit the information associated with your account (phone number and so on.)
- Simply scroll down to the end of the page to find “Temporarily disable my account“. Click on it to disable the account. To reactivate the account, you need to log in again and your Instagram account will be automatically reactivated.
Did you have trouble following the steps mentioned above? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.