Tired of pinning Articles/Images? Maybe the user interface isn’t compelling enough to keep adding pins forever. Whatever the reason be – you do want to know how to delete Pinterest account and you have come to the right place to look more on it.
You have options to choose from when deciding to delete a Pinterest account. There could arise a temporary situation where you need to keep your Pinterest account off the radar, or would simply want everything to disappear. Fortunately, Pinterest does provide you with options you would normally want as we just mentioned. You can deactivate your account, permanently close your account, or in either case in order to deactivate a deceased person’s account.
Keeping the possible reasons at bay, let us take a look at the steps by which you can delete the Pinterest account.
How To Delete Pinterest Account?: Permanently Close Your Account On Desktop
If you are not sure about the decision or just want to stay off the radar for sometime, you might want to just deactivate your Pinterest account.
Do note that your account will no more be publicly accessible after you do it. In addition, you will have your connections with Google+ or Facebook disconnected if you had them linked already. So, keeping that in mind, you can follow the steps below to deactivate your Pinterest account:
- Simply login to your Pinterest account to find the home feed listing all the recent pins that you would probably like.
- Now, you should observe a dotted menu icon (three dots) at the right-top corner of the web page.
- From the drop down options, you need to click on “Settings“.
- As soon as you click on it, you will be directed to your account settings page listing out the “Account Basics” options.
- Scroll down to the end of the “Account Basics” section to find the option – “Deactivate Account” listed as shown in the image below.
- Now, click on “Close my account permanently” to delete Pinterest account while ignoring the options after the pop up. If you do not want a permanent deletion, you should select a reason from the options displayed in the pop-up and then click on “Deactivate my account” to suspend your account temporarily which you can re-activate by trying to log back in again.
How To Delete Pinterest Account?: Permanently Close Your Account On Smartphone
Technically, it is the same thing that you would do on a desktop browser. However, the navigation may feel like something different to you. So, let us take a look at the steps to delete Pinterest account on your smartphone.
- Launch the Pinterest app.
- Now, you need to tap on “Saved” tab or the profile tab as shown in the image above.
- Simply tap on the gear icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now, you will find a couple of options. You need to tap on “Edit Settings“.
- Scroll down to the end to find the two important options – Deactivate account and Close account. So, according to what you decide, tap on the desired option.
We would always recommend you to deactivate the account unless you are certain of your decision. There’s no turning back after permanently closing your account. Did you have any trouble following the steps mentioned above? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Filed in Pinterest.. Read more about