If you want your favorite movies or videos right on your device when on-the-go, the Netflix download option is for you. While on a desktop computer, if you do not like videos being buffered you can also download it first (if your connection is very slow for example). In this article, we will help you out knowing how to download the movies or videos available on Netflix.
Do note that – not every content available on Netflix is downloadable. So, you will want to stick to our steps mentioned below to download what is available.
How To Download Movies From Netflix On Your Desktop?
While on the desktop, you need to find the Netflix application for your platform (Mac/Windows) and get it installed. If you are a Linux user, you could try using Pipelight and see whether it works for you.
Here, we got the app isntalled from the Microsoft Store for Windows 10. Follow the steps below to start downloading movies from Netflix:
- Launch the Netflix app that you just downloaded. Sign up for an account if you haven’t already.
- If you recently signed up or subscribed, you can get started downloading the movies in a single click! You just have to click on “Find something to download” when a pop up appears after you sign in. Now, skip to step 4 if you get the popup as shown below.
- If you did not get the pop up the first time; fret not – you will have to click on the menu icon to find an option which says – “Available for download“. Click on it to find the movies listed which you can download.
- Once you are in the screen where you find every downloadable content listed, you need to click on any one of them as you prefer. Now, hit the arrow button to start downloading (as shown in the image below).
Finally, it will be downloaded in the background for offline viewing.
- In case you want to know the download size, simply head to the menu and click on “My Downloads” to see the size of download.
How To Download Movies From Netflix On Your Smartphone?
Fortunately, the procedure to download movies or videos from Netflix to your smartphone is the same that we mentioned above for the desktop application. However, while on a smartphone, when you click on the arrow button to start downloading – it will ask you to tweak the download settings (which network you want to use and what quality of download you would prefer).
Other than that, it is all the same. And, yes – unlike the desktop Netflix application; you will not observe the download size when you head on to the “My downloads” section.
So, downloading a movie from Netflix was that simple! Did you have trouble following the steps mentioned above? Let us know about it in the comments down below.
Filed in Netflix.. Read more about