Microsoft has made it official that (the final release of) Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) will launch on Monday March 14th at SxSW* in Austin, TX. Internet Explorer 9 is currently in beta and is largely seen as Microsoft’s commitment to HTML5 and web performance in general. The graphics performance is particularly interesting as IE9 supports graphics hardware acceleration.
After the launch, the next big thing for Microsoft is MIX 11, a Microsoft event in Las Vegas where IE9 (and a bunch of other things) were announced. Video in the full post.
*SxSW has started as a music festival, although it has become the party of everything for everyone now
Next Story: Apple applies for Thunderbolt trademark
- 2011-11-11 Microsoft offers freebies for using Internet Explorer 9 this holiday season
- 2011-11-01 Internet Explorer 9 web browser share in the US almost hits 35%
- 2011-05-24 IE9 on Windows Phone 7 is nearly there, but still lacks Flash
- 2011-04-14 The World's Biggest Pac-Man game needs your help
- 2011-04-14 Internet Explorer 10 won't work on Vista
- 2011-04-13 Microsoft mobile browser speed test results are unconvincing
- 2010-12-07 Microsoft to Build Anti-Tracking Privacy Option Into IE9
- 2010-12-08 Internet Explorer 9 to receive tracking protection