Microsoft has made it official that (the final release of) Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) will launch on Monday March 14th at SxSW* in Austin, TX. Internet Explorer 9 is currently in beta and is largely seen as Microsoft’s commitment to HTML5 and web performance in general. The graphics performance is particularly interesting as IE9 supports graphics hardware acceleration.
After the launch, the next big thing for Microsoft is MIX 11, a Microsoft event in Las Vegas where IE9 (and a bunch of other things) were announced. Video in the full post.
*SxSW has started as a music festival, although it has become the party of everything for everyone now
- Google Chrome Receives 'OK, Google' Voice Search Extension
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Stephen Elop Reportedly Considering Selling Xbox, Killing Bing
- Amazon Cloud Player Now Available For Mac
- Twitter Expected To Launch Standalone Messaging App [Report]
- Follow: browser, ie, ie9, internet explorer, Microsoft, sxsw, web browser,