Xplore, the pioneers of rugged tablets for both domestic and global markets has announced the launch of its new Xtreme Tablets. The fifth generation of its iX104 line up, the iX104C5 tablets are touted to be the industry’s most powerful, rugged, and sunlight-readable tablets ever developed.
The iX104C5 tablets have been developed with customer input from a variety of industries where end-users work in demanding environments like warehouseing/logistics, transportation, military and homeland security. So it goes without saying that these tablets were created to take a beating and iX104C5 they are even certified for use in hazardous locations.
The new iX104C5 tablets will be powered by the Intel Core i7-620UE processor, Windows 7 operating system, third-party certified to meet Military-Standard-810G (MIL-STD-810G), Ingress protection (IP) 67, and hazardous location (HazLoc) standards. The tablets will be available in 5 different variants (iX104C5 DMSR – Dual-Mode Sunlight-Readable Xtreme Tablet, iX104C5 DM – Dual-Mode Xtreme Tablet, iX104C5 DML – Dual-Mode Lite Xtreme Tablet, iX104C5 M – Military Xtreme Tablet and iX104C5 DMCR – Dual-Mode Clean Room Xtreme Tablet) and will have features such as tool-less removable solid state drive modules, and tool-less access to the SIM and microSD ports.
Find out more at the Xploretech website.
Key features of the iX104C5 DSMR™ Xtreme Tablet include:
- Withstands operating drops from 7’ (2.13m), and 4’ (1.22m) direct to concrete
- AllVue™ Xtreme LCD technology for optimal viewing in all lighting conditions
- Auto-sensing dual-mode technology accepts both pen and finger touch inputs
- Tool-less access to SSD, SIM, MicroSD, and battery.
- Rapid field replaceable input connectors, memory and wireless cards
- MIL-STD-810G and IP 67 compliance
- Hazardous location certification
Xplore’s iX104C5 family of products also includes:
The iX104C5 DM™ Xtreme Tablet
- Same rugged, performance and features as iX104C5 DMSR
- LCD is optimized for indoor and ambient outdoor light conditions
- The industry’s highest capacity long-life Li-Ion battery
The iX104C5 DML™ Xtreme Tablet
- Same rugged characteristics as iX104C5 DMSR
- LCD optimized for indoor or ambient outdoor applications
- Solid cost-effective performance with Intel® Celeron® Dual-Core U3405 processor for less resource-intensive applications
The iX104C5 M™ Xtreme Military Tablet
- The only tool-less field-repairable / field-upgradeable system in the industry
- The industry’s most rugged, powerful and functional tablet in its class
- Independently-tested specifically for mission-critical Military / Security applications
- Adaptable to most military vehicles from HMMWVs to MRAPs
- Custom military docking solution
The iX104C5 DMCR™ Xtreme Clean Room Tablet
- Designed for use in technology, pharmaceutical and food industries, as well as in other clean room environments
- Safe and effective performance and functionality with a custom-engineered chassis optimized for clean room operations designed to prevent pooling of contaminants and cleaning agents
- Dual-Mode input capabilities – supports more precise inputs from either finger touch or active pen, all in a single unit with auto-switching capabilities
Update 10/5: We now have the prices for the iX104C5 tablets
MSRP for each model starting at:
- $3,299 iX104C5 DML – Dual-Mode Lite
- $3,999 iX104C5 DM Dual-Mode
- $4,599 iX104C5 DMSR Dual-Mode Sunlight-Readable
- $4,799 iX104C5 DM-CR Dual-Mode Clean Room
- $7,299 iX104C5 DMSR-M Dual-Mode Sunlight-Readable Military