Windows-Phone-Store_3The funny thing about app stores is that despite them sharing most of the major apps, they tend to behave differently. In the case of Windows Phone, it seems that a good majority of the apps offered in the Windows Store are free, and that a good many of their games apps are of the puzzle variety, suggesting that perhaps Windows Phone users do enjoy puzzle games, otherwise there wouldn’t be supply without demand, right?

This is according to recent data from AppFeds who revealed that in the US, the Windows Store plays home to 129,338 apps. Out of those many apps, 78.3% are free, while the remainder of 21.7% are paid. AppFeds also found that categories such as Games, Entertainment, and Education are some of the more popular categories in the Windows Store, with 26,069 apps being Games.

Out of that number, 8,625 are Puzzle-based games, which is almost a third of the games apps, while 4,629 are Arcade-styled games. Another interesting piece of information is that 55.2% of the app developers in the Windows Store have only published one app, while only 29.9% have published between 2-5 apps. This is an interesting statistic because we know Microsoft has been trying to get more developers on board.

The fact that the majority have only submitted one apps sounds like developers have tried the platform, but aren’t exactly too eager to publish more apps for whatever reason, so perhaps that’s an area that Microsoft could look into.

Filed in Cellphones. Read more about Apps, Microsoft and Windows Phone.

Related Articles on Ubergizmo