The Samsung Galaxy S7 is supposed to be a “safe” device, and the device that Samsung is referring customers to now that the Note 7 has been officially discontinued. However it seems that even then there are issues with the device, although admittedly we reckon all the reports we’ve heard so far could be isolated incidents.
The latest comes from Winnepeg, Canada, in which a 34-year old by the name of Amarjit Mann claims that his Galaxy S7 exploded in his hands, causing him to suffer second and third-degree burns. Mann said that he was driving with his phone in his pocket when he noticed that it started to feel a “warmness”.
Speaking to the Winnepeg Sun in an interview from the Seven Oaks Hospital, Mann said, “I took it out and had it in my hands and it exploded right away. When you see smoke, I was shocked. You cannot expect this thing. It was like a nightmare.” He also adds that he was lucky that he was not using the phone at that time. “Imagine if the phone was (at my ear); my whole face would’ve burnt.”
Mann also said that he plans to pursue a lawsuit over potential lost wages as he was told that his hands would take 8-9 days to heal, which as a mechanic basically means he could not work. Samsung has yet to respond to this issue.
- Super AMOLED
- 576 PPI
- f/1.7 Aperture
- Wireless Charging
- Snapdragon 820/ Exynos 8