Unfortunately, you do not get an option to expand your storage through an SD Card in an iPhone. You will have to be careful managing your storage to accommodate all of your important documents and media files. All things considered, the applications installed on your iPhone does take a lot of storage space as well. So, to clean up the unwanted applications and free up storage space, we will mention two of the easiest ways to delete apps from iPhone.
Method #1: Homescreen: Delete Apps From iPhone
There is no rocket science present to delete an app from your homescreen. It is a very simple process. You need to follow the steps mentioned below in order to get started deleting apps from your iPhone.
Steps To Delete Apps From Homescreen
- Navigate your way to the homescreen on which the applications you want to delete exists.
- Simply, tap and hold on the icon of the particular application. Do note that 3-D touch would not help you to delete an app (As of yet).
- Now, you must be able to observe the application icons shaking. Here, notice the “X” symbol in each of the applications at the leftmost corner of every icon.
- Tap on the “X” part which should let you proceed to delete an app.
- After tapping the “X” symbol (the remove icon), you should observe a notice which asks you whether to remove it or not along with a warning of what data you might loose after the process. Here’s how it might look like:
- Finally, tap the “Remove” button to delete the desired application.
Method #2: Manage Storage Option: Delete Apps From iPhone
Of course, the first method is the easiest of all and is advisable for every iPhone user. But, as a fallback method, you should also know how to delete apps from iPhone using the device’s “Settings” option.
Steps To Delete Apps From iPhone Through Settings
- Navigate your way to the desired homescreen to find “Settings” as shown in the image above.
- Now, tap on it to head on to the device’s settings menu.
- Search for “General” option and tap on it.
- Now, tap on “Storage & iCloud” usage.
- Under storage section, tap on “Manage Storage” option.
- Now, you will get the details of the storage used and the storage available. If you scroll down, you will see every application installed on your iPhone listed.
- Search for the application you want to delete and tap on it.
- Finally, you will find a “Delete App” button. Simply, tap on it. You will be asked to confirm the action once again. So, tap on “Delete App” again to successfully delete the application.
Additional Tip: If you ever encounter an app in the “Waiting” state and you are unable to uninstall the app. Simply, restart your device and then try removing it again.
So, now you know about two of the easiest ways to delete apps from iPhone. If there is yet another interesting method to delete apps from iPhone, do let us know through the comment section below.