Every now and then, we hear some kind of security vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player that hackers could take advantage of. Websites are now trying to drop flash and move on to HTML5, even YouTube has dropped Flash player. You will find less websites that need flash to work properly, and in the future, the number will just decrease.
If you are not big fan of flash player and want to disable it in your particular browser, we are here to help. You can easily disable the flash player in your browser and enable it anytime you need it.
In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to disable Flash in all major browsers.
Disable Flash Player in Chrome
- Open chrome and type “about:plugins” in the search bar and hit enter.
- On the next page, you will find the plugin “Adobe Flash Player. Click on “Disable” in blue under it to disable the Flash player.
Disable Flash Player in Firefox
- Open Firefox and click on main menu (with three horizontal lines)
- In the menu, click on “Add-ons”.
- On the next page, you will see an option of “Plugins” in the left panel, click on it.
- Now, click on the drop down menu on the plugin “Shockwave Flash” and select “Never Activate”. This will disable the flash player
Disable Flash Player in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer, and click on “Tools” located at the top right corner of the window.
- From the menu, click on “Manage Add-ons”.
- There you will find a drop down menu under heading “Show” located in the left panel. Select “All add-ons” from the drop down menu.
- Now, click on “Shockwave Flash Object” located under the heading “Adobe System Incorporated”, and click on “Disable” at the bottom right corner of the window.
Disable Flash in Opera
- Open Opera and type “about:plugins” in the search bar and hit enter.
- On the next page, click on “Disable” under the plugin “Adobe Flash Player” to disable flash player.
Disable Flash in Safari
- Open Safari, and click on “Gear” icon on the top left corner to open menu, and from the menu, click on “Preferences”.
- Here, navigate to the “Security” tab and uncheck the option “Enable-plugins”. This will disable the flash player in Safari.
Delete Adobe Flash Player Completely
If you are not planning on using flash player again, then you can also completely delete it. Adobe flash player is installed on your PC just like other programs, and can be uninstalled the same way.
Click on Start menu and then click on “Control Panel”. In the Control Panel, click on “Uninstall a program” under the heading “Programs”.
Here, uninstall all Adobe programs with name “Adobe Flash Player”. There are different flash players installed for each browser, so you may find more than one here. You can double-click on the program to uninstall it.
If you have any questions or would like to add any further information, let us know in the comments below.
Filed in Adobe.. Read more about