Windows 10 actually makes it easy to find your MAC address. But, depending on what you want to do with the physical address or MAC address, there can be two different methods to approach.
- If you want to copy your MAC address to the clipboard to license a software or something similar, then you would want to utilize the command prompt.
- If that’s not the case, you do not need command prompt to see your MAC address, you just need to head to the settings.
In this article, we will talk about both the methods to help you out. In addition, we also have an article on how to change your MAC address, in case you are curious.
1. Find Your MAC Address Using Command Prompt
Fret not, it is nothing complicated, you just need to follow a couple of steps:
- Head to the search bar and type in “cmd” to find Command Prompt listed.
- Now, right-click on it and launch it as an administrator by selecting “Run as administrator” from the options available.
- After launching the command prompt, you need to type in “ipconfig /all” along with space and hit Enter.
- You will now find a lot of details about the Windows IP configuration, Ethernet adapter details, and Wireless LAN adapter information (if any).
- If you have a wired connection, you should be looking at the physical address under the Ethernet adapter section, if you have a wireless connection, look for the physical address under the Wireless LAN adapter section – which you can easily drag and select to copy it to your clipboard.
2. Find Your MAC Address Using The Network Settings
On the taskbar, right-click on the network icon and head to the “Network and Internet” settings.
After launching the settings, look for the option that says “Network and Sharing Center” and then click on it.
You will now find the active connection as shown in the image below, just click it.
Now, you need to click on the “Details” for all the details to show up.
Here’s how the details look like (the physical address is what you need):
Now that you know how to find the MAC address in Windows 10, let me know if you have any questions regarding it. Also, if you are aware of any other methods which we might have missed, do let us know in the comments below.
Filed in Networking, WiFi and Windows 10.. Read more about