Unfortunately, the days when we were receiving a few emails a week – worthy of our attention – are long gone. Each time you write down your email address in an online form, rest assured that you’ll unexpectedly receive the respective platform’s newsletter, even if you don’t recall using it.
So how do you get rid of all of those annoying email newsletters, coming from people or companies that you most likely haven’t even heard of? The process is very simple, and we are going to show you how.
Unsubscribe from an email newsletter or mark it as spam: Step-by-step
- Open up Gmail on your browser (desktop or mobile)
- Log in to your account
- Find and select the email whose sender’s newsletter you wish to unsubscribe from
- Click on the unsubscribe button located right next to the sender’s email address
- Click on ‘Unsubscribe’
What if it is a spam?
Generally speaking, Gmail’s spam filter works pretty decently, but obviously, there are occasions where it fails to detect a malicious email.
In that case:
- Find the said email
- Right underneath the search bar, click on the icon with the exclamation point
- Click ‘Report Spam’
How to unsubscribe from a newsletter on iOS and Android
The process is pretty similar to the desktop one.
- Open the Gmail app
- Sign in (if you haven’t already)
- Open the unwanted email
- Scroll down until you find the unsubscribe option
- Tap on it
- Alternatively, you can tap on the three-dot menu and tap on the ‘Block xxx’ option.
- To unblock, open the same email and in the three-dot menu, an unblock option will be available. Tap on it
If you encounter any problems while trying out the above or have a recommendation to make, feel free to shoot a comment down below.