If you play games on your smartphone as well as dedicated handheld gaming systems like the Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita, then you probably know just how easy it is to spend a ton of money on your mobile games versus what you’d probably spend for an individual game on a gaming handheld. It seems you’re not the only one to think this way as according to a newly published study, consumers are spending a ton on iOS games.
Research firms IDC and App Annie performed a joint study and found during the first quarter of 2013, the total spending on iOS games outpaced spending on dedicated handheld games, which marks the first time iOS alone has beaten dedicated gaming handhelds as last quarter, the iOS App Store and Google Play store combined sales had beaten dedicated gaming handheld sales.
The findings of this research aren’t at all surprising considering yesterday’s survey saying over 50% of mobile phone owners play games on their devices. As much as I personally enjoy the experiences both my Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation Vita offer, I will always play on my phone more since I always have it on me.RELATED
- Infinity Blade III Launching On iOS September 18 For $6.99
- Angry Birds Updated To Include New Levels, Powers, Traveling Pigs
- Limbo Now Available On iOS For $4.99
- Plants Vs. Zombies 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS July 18
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Coming To iOS This Summer
- Follow: 3ds xl, iOS, iPad, iPhone, ipod touch, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, Nintendo 3DS XL, playstation, playstation vita, ps vita, Sony,
- Seen at: blog.appannie