LG-G3-Combust-collageWe have heard our fair share of exploding phones over the course of the year, and it looks like before the year is out we could be treated to yet another such story, this time involving that of the LG G3. According to a post on Reddit, the OP the LG G3 belonged to his sister and was charging on her bed while she was changing, when suddenly the explosion happened.

The heat and explosion were so great that it actually burnt a hole through the mattress, which you can see in the image above. Luckily nobody got hurt in the process, and we know some of you guys are thinking that she probably used a third-party charger/battery, or maybe she had the phone under the pillow while it charged (thus generating heat with little room to dissipate).

While we only have the OP’s word, he said that none of this happened and that the phone was just lying on the open bed and that the battery was original. Chances are what this means is that it could simply be a freak accident. After all with the millions of phones produced by LG, it isn’t that much of a stretch to think that there could be a couple of defects that somehow slipped past quality control.

The OP also adds that they have been sharing this story via social media and have reached out to LG to see what they can do about it. LG has yet to issue an official statement or responded to the matter but hopefully we will hear from them soon.

Filed in Cellphones. Read more about , and .

  • 2560x1440
  • 534 PPI
13 MP
  • f/2.4 Aperture
  • OIS
3000 mAh
  • Removable
  • No Wireless Charg.
  • Snapdragon 801
  • MicroSD
~$380 - Amazon
149 g
Launched in
Storage (GB)
  • 16

Discover more from Ubergizmo

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading