The best of France is back for SXSW 2015! For the second year, France opens a dedicated space, Le French Tech Club, and this time we are here during the whole festival.
We’ll showcase the best assets of French culture and entrepreneurship in the beautiful park surrounding one of the oldest mansions in Austin:
- Conferences, meetings and sharing time during the day,
- Film premieres and concerts during the evening on our stage.
- The best of digital, music and movies start-ups and brands, with many connected devices, digital artwork in our showroom
- A popup gourmet restaurant run by renown French chefs, Chef Rémi Fournier and as a special guest the Michelin-starred Chef Gérard Bossé
- French and US medias, installed in a dedicated media room where they’ll write, shoot, record and broadcast their shows and columns
In a word: every day a solid program full of French culture and spirit in a remarkable setting! Come see us: 802 San Marcos Street, Austin.
Be sure you don’t miss our Giant Entrepreneurs Meetup on March 15th 2:30PM, Rand Hindi, French entrepreneur and SNIPS founder, session or the US premieres of “Les Combattants” and “Hippocrate”, and all our great events: find the detailed program and get your tickets on http://frenchtechclub.com.
Louis Montagne, af83 CEO & French Tech Club co-founder and co-organizer says “more than 50 organizations put their energy together to create an ephemeral place in Austin to be the perfect setting for French culture. This new edition of the French Tech Club promises to be very rich and vibrant. Our startups and cuisine will have the place of honor, and France will be well represented, strong and united: 40+ startups put forward, 2 US premieres for awarded French films, 10 concerts and DJ sets, 2 popup gourmet restaurants, one of them starred, opened for this occasion…”
The French Tech Club, led by af83 and Austin Angers Créative, is part of the global French presence, along with the French Tech Pavilion on the Trade Show. An initiative conducted jointly by la French Tech, Business France, the network of cultural Services of the Embassy of France in the United States and the city of Angers.
This project would not be possible without the great support and enthusiasm of our sponsors and partners: the Ile de France Region, La Fonderie, Total, Le Groupe SEB, Cityzen, UniFrance films, Distrib Films, le Conseil National du Numérique, arte, France 24, Frenchweb, off.tv, themediashaker.com, Ubergizmo, Girlz In Web, French Morning,…