teen-ecigIt looks like exploding e-cigarettes seem to be getting more and more common – earlier today, we brought you word on how an exploding e-cigarette actually blew up a man’s teeth over in Germany, and here we are across the entire breadth of an ocean that saw a teen being injured seriously as the e-cigarette in which he was indulging in blew up in his face, resulting in burns, broken teeth and other injuries. The teen’s father is looking into the possibility of a sales ban of e-cigarettes to teenagers, but won’t the result be the same even if an adult was smoking it?

Perry Greer, the father of the 16-year old victim, claimed that his son was using the device in a car last week in Lethbridge, when the fateful event happened. Greer shared that his son’s face caught fire, and lost his two front teeth in the process. Other injuries that hailed from this incident was the burning of the back of his throat, his tongue, and possibly his eyes if they were not protected to a certain degree because of a pair of glasses.

So far, the cause of the explosion remains to be identified, where Greer shared, “He pushed the button and blew in, and then you wait a couple of seconds, and then you puff on it. It was about two inches from his mouth and it just blew apart.” The device in question was known as the Wotofo Phantom, and it was made in China.

Filed in General >Medical. Read more about . Source: cbc.ca

Discover more from Ubergizmo

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading