The number of reports of the Galaxy Note 7 exploding is increasing at an alarming rate. For example within the span of a week, we heard how the phone exploded in a hotel room and caused $1,400 worth of damages. We also heard a report of the phone exploding and setting a jeep on fire.
Now according to the latest report by the New York Post, it seems that the Note 7 has exploded while in the hands of a 6-year old boy. According to the boy’s grandmother Linda Lewis, “The child was watching videos on the phone when the battery exploded. “It set off alarms in my house.”
While the boy was rushed to the hospital with burns to his body, thankfully it appears that they weren’t too serious as the boy is said to be at home resting now. Lewis says, “He is home now. He doesn’t want to see or go near any phones. He’s been crying to his mother.” Like we said, this isn’t the first time we’re hearing about this.
The context is that Samsung has been actively recalling the Galaxy Note 7 phones and also rushing to get replacement units into the hands of customers, and are asking customers to turn their phones off. It is also said that Samsung has plans to deactivate devices that have yet to be returned, but this rumor has been later dismissed.