The bad press cycle continues for Samsung as it tries to deal with the massive recall of the Galaxy Note 7. A new report from Horry County, SC brings us the story of Wesley Hartzog who plugged in his Galaxy Note 7 and then went outside for a couple of hours. Upon his return, he saw his house in flames. Given previously reported instances of the Galaxy Note 7’s battery exploding there’s reason to believe that Samsung’s latest flagship handset might be the culprit here.

Horry County Fire Rescue investigators have concluded that the first started near a wall outlet where the Galaxy Note 7 was plugged in. Hartzog says that he had an air compressor plugged into the same outlet but the compressor wasn’t on at that time.

There was no one in the house as Hartzog had gone out to pick up his two daughters so, fortunately, no bodily harm or injury was caused by this incident. but the house has been condemned now so he and his children have to live out of hotels temporarily.

Samsung confirmed last week that it has received 35 reports of the Galaxy Note 7’s battery exploding. It acknowledged that an issue with the battery cell was causing the handset to explode. This is why it has issued a voluntary global recall and it’s going to provide free replacements to all customers.

The company has not yet commented on this latest incident, it’s unclear if the company will be helping Hartzog out with any of the expenses involved in getting his house in good shape once again. Samsung did pick up the hotel damage bill caused by a guest’s exploding Galaxy Note 7 in Australia.

Filed in Cellphones. Read more about , and . Source: wmbfnews

  • 2560x1440
  • Super AMOLED
  • 515 PPI
12 MP
  • f/1.7 Aperture
  • OIS
3500 mAh
  • Non-Removable
  • No Wireless Charg.
  • Snapdragon 823/Exynos 8893
  • MicroSD
~$979 - Amazon
169 g
Launched in
Storage (GB)
  • 64

Discover more from Ubergizmo

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading