For almost 20 years, WordPress.com has been used by many people as a platform for sharing stories online in a secure and user-friendly way, and now, the company is making its services even more interesting by introducing something special: the 100-Year Plan, designed to ensure that your online presence will last for generations.
They have spilled the beans about this new plan recently in a blog post, saying that it is ideal for:
- Preserving family history, including photos and stories, for your descendants.
- Safeguarding your company’s past, present, and future.
- Creating a stable and adaptable online space for whatever the tech future holds.
We all know that WordPress.com is pretty popular because of its trusted website creation tools, but this new 100-Year Plan aims to take the user experience even further with interesting features like:
- Domain registration for a century, securing your web address.
- Multiple backups across the world and submission to the Internet Archive.
- Support for transferring site ownership during life’s changes.
- Superior managed WordPress hosting with speed and security.
- Dedicated support from the moment you express interest.
About the new plan, Matt Mullenweg, CEO and co-founder of WordPress.com said:
“Whether it’s giving a newborn the special gift of a domain and lifetime home on the web, or something you put in your will to make sure your website and story are accessible to future generations, I hope this plan gets people and other companies thinking about building for the long term.”
So there it is, The 100-Year Plan from WordPress.com — of course it may not be a fit for every user but, when we analyze the features and services, we can clearly see that the idea behind this new offer is to offer users something that can be seen as an investment for their future, whether they’re building their digital legacy or providing trusted online presence for loved ones from generations to come.
Filed in Wordpress.. Read more about