Social networks can be addictive, and it’s not always clear if one is putting too much out there, or connecting to the wrong people. Whether you want to remove a tweet, cut ties with shady followers or just restart with a clean slate, deleting individual tweets, followers or a whole account may become necessary. In this article, we would be giving easy solutions to all these things.
Important clarifications before deleting a Twitter account
- Make sure that you have logged in through a desktop browser because the option required to be accessed is not available for mobile view. Alternatively, if that is not feasible, you can request the desktop site from the mobile browser.
- Twitter does not let you delete the account instantly. It gives a 30-day time period before shutting down your account (just in case you change your mind).
- There is no need to delete the Twitter account if you want to change the email address only. You can achieve that through the settings to update it.
- Twitter may never actually delete your account information in its system permanently due to legal obligations, but it can make it inaccessible
- After deactivating, it may take a minute or a few days for your tweets to disappear from Twitter.com.
- Twitter does not control what search engines index. If you find one of the links to your tweet on Google or similar search engines, you will have to wait for it to disappear from the search results. There is nothing else to be done here.
How to delete your Twitter account
Step #1: Log in to the Twitter account from a desktop browser (or in the desktop view mode).
Step #2: Click on your profile thumbnail image to access additional options.
Step #3: Click on the “Settings” option
Step #4 (Optional): If you want to have a backup of your information as an archive, you can request it by clicking on the “Request Archive” option as shown in the image below.
Step #5: Click on “Deactivate my account”.
Step #6: Now, after you have advanced to deactivate the account, you will observe the deactivation information. Read the information carefully and then you will be prompted to enter your account password to verify the action.
How to delete your Tweets
Step #1: Visit your profile page by clicking on the image thumbnail.
Step #2: Scroll down to find the specific tweet that you want to be deleted.
Step #3: Click the more icon (•••)
Step #4: From the options, click on “Delete Tweet”. You have successfully deleted the Tweet.
How to delete your fake followers
There exists basically two methods to delete fake twitter followers. Here is what you need to do:
Method #1: Manually block the fake followers you know
Here, you can block / delete your followers one-by-one. Whenever you come across your follower’s tweet, simply click on the more icon (•••) and click Block.
If you are on the profile page of a specific follower, you can click on the Gear icon and then select block option from the menu.
Method #2: Online tools
Of course, you would never want to delete your genuine followers but the fake ones. In order to make things easier and faster, you can take the help of certain online tools and scripts. Online tools like Fake Followers Check and Twitter Audit should come handy in giving you an accurate report of the fake followers.
They offer premium plans as well to automate things and give you an in-depth report.
Finally, you are aware of the steps to help delete your twitter account, delete tweets, and also delete fake twitter followers. There is a good chance that you might be knowing a solution even better than what we have mentioned. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Filed in Twitter.. Read more about