Snapchat is a popular image messaging social platform tailored for mobile devices (both Android and iOS). You get to share your moments (pictures) with your friends or snap a video of what you are doing.
You can add funny effects to your videos or even perform a face swap in Snapchat. In a nutshell, it is an incredibly popular social platform. However, what if you didn’t want to take a snap but wanted to upload an existing snap from your camera roll? Can that be done? Yes, absolutely!
You can upload videos to Snapchat or you can also upload photos to Snapchat from your camera roll as well. Here, we will get to know about performing a snap upload, precisely how to upload videos (and photos) to Snapchat from your camera roll.
Note: The steps mentioned do apply for both Android and iOS devices. The only difference you will find on Android – you do not need to save the video before uploading it to Snapchat.
Steps To Upload To Snapchat (Both Photos and Videos)
- Launch Snapchat.
- As soon as you launch the app, you will notice two round icons at the bottom of the screen (one to capture a snap and the smaller one directing to Snapchat’s memories). Here, you need to tap on the smaller one.
- Now, swipe left to head into the camera roll from snaps section.
- You will observe both photos and videos listed. Simply, tap on the select icon (tick mark icon in the above right corner of the screen).
- Finally, you can tap on the photos and videos you want to upload to Snapchat. However, in order to upload a video to Snapchat, you need to save it first.
Note: You do not require to save the video on Android devices. If the video is within the limited duration of time accepted in Snapchat, you can directly proceed to upload it by tapping the send button.
- To save the video, you need to tap on the share icon (next to the trash icon) at the bottom of the screen and then click on the save video option (as shown in the image below).
- After you have successfully saved the video, you can upload it to Snapchat by tapping the send button. You can then choose to post it to your stories or directly to one of your friends.
So, that is how you upload videos or photos to Snapchat.
Did you encounter any problem following the steps mentioned above? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.