Bikers, take note! TomTom has rolled out an updated version of TomTom Rider 2nd Edition with features that are available in its in-car devices such as TomTom Map Share as well as pre-installed Tele Atlas maps of Western & Eastern Europe. Bikers can also access dedicated trip statistics, allowing them to dwell in trivia like the average and maximum speeds per journey, total miles travelled and distance from home. The updated TomTom Rider 2nd Edition will retail for £349.99 in UK/Ireland version while the rest of Europe will have to cough up £399.99 when it is made available early next month onwards. New features include :-
- TomTom Map Share technology that enables users to make corrections to their own maps instantly and to benefit from improvements made by other users, completely free of charge
- Latest map guarantee so users always have free access to the latest map available at time of purchase (if a new map is released within 30 days from the time they start using their device)
- Extensive safety features, including the “Help Me” menu that gives drivers direct access to emergency services and roadside assistance
- Trip statistics so users can keep all the details from their trip on their device
- Itinerary planning and sharing to help users create and manage POI sets and itineraries
Filed in . Read more about GPS.