Word on the street has it that Garmin has a new range of handheld GPS receivers ready to hit the market – the Garmin Oregon. Named after a state in the good ol’ US of A, there is no official image of the device just yet. It will probably share some attributes with the Colorado series, although the chances of retaining the touch wheel interface would be slim. Confirmed specifications for the Garmin Oregon 200 include : –
- High sensitivity GPS receiver
- Touchscreen interface
- microSD memory card slot
- Electronic compass, barometric altimeter, temperature sensor
- Built-in 3D Basemap/Digital Elevation Model
- 3D elevation view
- Wireless exchange of user routes, tracks, waypoints, geocaches and images
- 3″ color touch screen display at 240 x 400 resolution
- Waterproof standard: IEC 60529 IPX7
There is no word on pricing, but the Garmin Oregon 200 will be powered by a couple of AA batteries.
Filed in . Read more about GPS.