gs3-explodeThe mighty Samsung Galaxy S3, which has since been dethroned by the recently released Samsung Galaxy S4 as the flagship smartphone from the South Korean consumer electronics giant, has allegedly received a report from a Galaxy S3 owner that his handset combusted spontaneously – and this did not include throwing the handset into a microwave as what happened before. The owner of the Galaxy S3 claimed that the smartphone caught fire when it was being charged on the bed, and thankfully, he was not hurt in any way as the handset was charging up just beside him. Definitely far from a pleasant experience, where the owner then decided to take the Reddit route by venting his rants and sharing some photos of the now charred device.

Advertising

We do wonder just how will Samsung respond to this case, and will it cause enough of a ruckus online for Samsung to take a step forward? Apparently, the alleged victim might want to claim another $200 more in damages apart from a new smartphone, of course, to replace his now unusable bedsheet and pillow covers.

Filed in Cellphones. Read more about and .

4.8"
  • 1280x720
  • Super AMOLED
  • 306 PPI
8 MP
  • f/2.6 Aperture
2100 mAh
  • Removable
  • No Wireless Charg.
1GB RAM
  • Exynos 4412
  • MicroSD
Price
~$295 - Amazon
Weight
133 g
Launched in
2012-05-01
Storage (GB)
  • 64
Related Articles on Ubergizmo