20130727_185723_700Recently we’ve come across stories where people have been electrocuted whilst charging their iPhones, and now it looks like even Samsung’s Galaxy S4 has not been spared, although in this case no one was harmed, although an apartment was burnt down in the process. According to the report, a certain Mr. Du from Hong Kong was playing a game on his Galaxy S4 when it suddenly exploded into flames. Naturally he panicked and threw the phone across the room where it landed under his sofa, which then caught fire and burnt the entire apartment down, the results of which can be seen in the photo above.

Given that unofficial products can be dangerous, as highlighted by Apple in a recent statement made with regards to the recent bouts of electrocutions, Du claims that he was using official products, although as you can see in the photo above, the damage is so extensive that it will be hard to tell. It’s hard to believe that so much damage could have occurred as the result of a phone caught on fire, but then again it does not take much for fire to spread. Samsung has stated that they are looking into the matter and that they will also be running a chemical analysis on the rubble to see if Du’s products were really official Samsung products.

Filed in Cellphones. Read more about and .

  • 1920x1080
  • Super AMOLED
  • 441 PPI
13 MP
  • f/2.2 Aperture
2600 mAh
  • Removable
  • No Wireless Charg.
  • Exynos 5 Octa 5410
  • MicroSD
~$299 - Amazon
130 g
Launched in
Storage (GB)
  • 64

Discover more from Ubergizmo

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading