violent-video-games-pollThe debate as to whether videos games leads to violence is never-ending as there are some who believe that it does, and there are those who believe that it doesn’t. Either way in a recent YouGov survey conducted, it was found that 61% of Brits who were surveyed agreed that violence in video games does lead to violence in real-life. They were asked to agree or disagree with the statement, “video games can be a cause of real-world violence and aggression.”

However it was found that it was typically the older generation who agreed that there was a link between violent video games and violent behavior. 42% of 18-24 years old polled agreed there was a link, 48% for 25-39 year olds, 61% for 40-59 year olds, and 79% for those aged 60 and older. Interestingly enough 57% of Brits found that video games were a useful tool and acted as an outlet for their frustration and aggressions, meaning that the remainder 43% think otherwise. This is a highly sensitive topic since there are always two sides to everything, but what do you guys think about the survey? Is there a reason why the older generation thinks there is a link?

Filed in Gaming. Read more about .