usb-charger-warningI am quite sure that we have more or less come across various cases of people being injured and even allegedly electrocuted to death while talking on their charging handsets, either due to a faulty battery that exploded, or the charger used is not an officially recognized accessory. Having said that, one of Australia’s leading consumer watchdogs has teamed up alongside the police to warn folks out there concerning faulty USB chargers that could be fatal, this coming after one of such chargers were cited to play a role in killing a woman who hailed from Sydney, Australia.

The Sydney lady’s death was attributed to a faulty USB charger, where she was eventually found with her pair of headphones still being worn while she held her laptop, sporting “burns on her ears and chest, in an apparent electrocution”.

This was followed by investigators making their way to a mobile accessories store in Sydney’s south west, where they removed a bunch of “unapproved and non-compliant USB style chargers, travel adapters and power boards”. Such products failed to display the necessary approval markings, and neither did they arrive with the required insulation on the charging pins which are compulsory according to Australian Standards. You know what they say – better safe than sorry.

Filed in Uncategorized. Read more about and .

Discover more from Ubergizmo

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading