iPhone-6-review-7Apple’s iPhones are typically announced in September followed by  a release a couple of weeks later, but all of this could change this year. According to a report from the China Post, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has seemingly confirmed that the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus could be unveiled slightly earlier this year.

Advertising

This corroborates an earlier report in which it was also suggested that this year’s iPhone could see an earlier-than-expected announcement. As for the release of the phone, Kuo states that he believes its release will be followed about a month after its announcement. We suppose to be fair, this kind of balances it out as iPhones are usually released two weeks after its announcement, so waiting a month makes up for its earlier announcement.

Kuo has been pretty spot on with his predictions in the past. There have been times where the timeline was a bit wrong, but otherwise his predictions on what Apple could announce and what features we can expect have been accurate, so perhaps this recent report could be worth taking under serious consideration.

According to Kuo’s report, he states that the smaller 4.7-inch model will account for the bulk of Apple’s orders, 66% to be exact, while the 5.5-inch phablet model will account for the remaining 34%. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but how does an earlier iPhone announcement sound to you guys?

Filed in Apple >Cellphones >Rumors. Read more about and .

Product
Diagonal (inches)4.7"5.5"
Megapixel12-MP12-MP
Battery Capacity (mAh)1715 mAh2915 mAh
Processor NameA9A9
RAM Options2GB2GB
Street Price$185 iPhone 6s on Amazon$725 iPhone 6s Plus on Amazon
Link to full specsiPhone 6s Full specs and detailsiPhone 6s Plus Full specs and details
Related Articles on Ubergizmo