When you put a location in an Instagram photo or video – you add a geo-tag to your uploaded file. It not only lets your friends know of the location where you are at, but also enables everyone who views your posts to search more relevant photos of that particular location.
Also, if you are concerned about increasing your followers, utilizing the location tagging feature could potentially engage more people on your post, which could result into getting more followers as well – if that is your goal.
Even if you have already published your post, you can always edit your posts to add the location on your photos or videos on Instagram. Let us take a look at how we can achieve that.
Note: You can only add a location to your photos and videos through the Instagram app (iOS/Android/Windows 10 App)
How To Add Location In An Instagram Photo or Video: Android/iOS
- First you need to download and install the Instagram app from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Once you have to installed, launch the application. As shown in the image below, click on the add button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you will get the option to add photos/videos to your post. Select the desired photo or video and click “Next” at the top-right corner of the screen. If you want to select multiple photos or videos – you can tap on the “Select Multiple” option. Do note that you can share upto 10 photos/videos only.
- When you tap on the Next button, you will be asked to try out a filter. So, as per your preference, you can choose a filter for a photo/video or even choose to disable the sound of the video you want to share.
- After you are done setting up the photo/video, simply hit “Next“. Now, you will observe the screen which asks you to input the caption and add the location (which we want to focus on here). As you can notice in the image below, you simply need to tap on any suggested address or tap on the “Add Location” option to search for the desirect location you want to add.
- That’s it! You are done geo-tagging your photos/videos. In addition, if you need to add a location to any of your existing posts, you can do that by referring to the image below.
Additional Note: If you are using the Instagram app from Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 machine – you will be able to edit your post and add a location to it but you will not get the functionality of uploading the photo/video from the computer.
Now that you know how to put a location in an Instagram photo or video, your followers should no more miss knowing about the location you took the photo at. Trouble following the guide? Let us know in the comments below!