WhatsApp is unquestionably the most popular instant messaging service till date. The platform has probably around 1.3 billion monthly active users now. Being a feature-rich IM app, a lot of users want to utilize WhatsApp Messenger on their PCs as well. But, how to install WhatsApp on PC? Can you really use WhatsApp on PC?
There could be a lot of methods to install and use WhatsApp on PC. In this article, we will list two of easiest ways to install and use WhatsApp on PC.
Use WhatsApp Web Via Web Browser
If you do pretty much everything on your browser, you should utilize WhatsApp web. Do note that you need an active Internet connection on your smartphone to be able to send and receive messages via the Desktop browser.
To get started simply visit https://web.whatsapp.com/.
You will observe a QR Code. Only, scan the QR code on your smartphone by navigating to the settings and then tap on WhatsApp Web/Desktop. Now, you will notice an option to Scan QR code, just tap on it and scan the code.
You are all set!
Use WhatsApp On PC Using Bluestacks
Bluestacks is the best Android emulator for PC. You need to first download it from their official site and have it installed. You might want to consider this method if you want a standalone WhatsApp installation on your PC. So, yes, you would not be required to have an active Internet connection on your smartphone to be able to send or receive messages on PC.
- Once installed, sign in using your Google account to get started using it.
- After you have successfully connected your Google account, head on to the App Center and search for “WhatsApp.”
- Proceed to install WhatsApp.
- Now, after successful installation, you will find WhatsApp listed in My Apps tab of Bluestacks. Simply launch it.
- Similar to what you did on your smartphone, you need to enter a phone number and then verify it using the authentication code sent to you as an SMS. You are all set after confirming the phone number!
So now that you know of the two easiest methods to install and use WhatsApp on PC, which one do you prefer to utilize?
Do you need a standalone WhatsApp installation on PC or the WhatsApp web service is enough for you?
Also, as an honorable mention, I would recommend installing Franz if you want a desktop app that lets you integrate slack/Facebook messenger/WhatsApp and so on, all at one place.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.