With every iOS release, Apple makes some slight changes to the UI of some of its apps. This is natural as over time, they might come up with new ideas on how to make it better and easier to use. However, in one of the changes in iOS 13, and we imagine it will probably be sticking around for the next few iOS updates, Apple changed up the UI of the App Store a bit.
Previously, the iOS App Store had a separate tab at the bottom row in which users could check for app updates, but now that’s gone, so how do you update your apps? If you’re asking those questions, check out the guide below on how to update your iOS apps in iOS 13 (and beyond). For earlier iOS versions, check our general How To Update Apps on Android and iOS.
How To Update Your Apps In iOS 13
- Launch the App Store
- Tap your profile photo at the top right corner of the app’s screen
- Scroll down and you will find a list of apps on your phone that have been updated or are pending updates
- To check to see if you missed any updates, pull the screen down from the top to refresh the page
- Tap Update All to update new apps that have not been automatically updated and you should be all good to go
We should mention that turning on automatic app updates will in part solve this problem, but in case you need to update an app right now, you can follow the method laid out above to update it manually. However, if you have not turned on automatic app updates, here’s how to do it.
How To Turn On Automatic App Updates In iOS
- Launch Settings
- Scroll down and go to iTunes & App Store
- Under “Automatic Downloads”, make sure the toggle on “App Updates” is on (it should be green if it’s on)