Given the success of the previous Grand Theft Auto titles, we expect that just as many gamers, if not more, are already waiting to get their hands on Grand Theft Auto 5, a game scheduled for early next year. Some of the details about the game is expected to be featured in the next issue of Game Informer, but according to a Gamefaqs user, they have already seen the issue and has since posted some details about the game.
Since none of these details can be confirmed at the moment, we suggest you take them with a grain of salt. However some of this user’s claims do corroborate with earlier rumor and speculation, so there is a chance that these claims could be true. In any case treat them with a hint of skepticism and let us know in the comments below on what you guys make of it!
- You’ll play as 42 year old Albert DeSilva, a half-American, half-Puerto Rican US citizen with an ex-wife and two children.
- Breaking Bad is a subtle reference with Albert turning to crime late in his life.
- You’ll also play as Dougie Vejo who is a younger criminal living in Los Santos.
- Grove Street will appear in the game, but Carl and Sweet will not.
- Albert lost his money in a ‘ponzi scheme’ and this is his prime concern.
- Players will be able to customize clothes/hair/facial hair, but there won’t be any gyms or tattoos.
- There could be characters from GTA 4. The article hints ‘one or more’ may show up.
- Car customization will be back, but this could just focused on Dougie’s character (although this could also be connected with Albert’s mid-life crisis).
- You’ll be able to play mini-games such as golf, tennis and surfing.
- The mission played for the GameInformer cover was called ‘Alimony’ and featured the scene from the trailer where characters robbed a jewellery store.
- Songs confirmed are: My Michelle: Guns & Roses, Magic Power: Triumph, California Dreaming: The Beach Boys and Beautiful: Snoop Dog (featuring Pharrell).