apple logoiOS 8’s adoption right out of the door and the subsequent months have been rather slow. In fact earlier this month iOS 8 was sitting at 68% and the latest reports have revealed that it has only managed to climb by 1% in the past few weeks, effectively bringing its overall market share amongst iOS devices to 69%.

This is compared to the likes of iOS 7 where prior to the launch of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus and iOS 8, managed to grab a market share of 90%. However we should note that it was in September that iOS 7 was sitting at 90%, so we guess iOS 8 has the next 8-9 months to gain 21%, although admittedly at the rate things are going, it does seem like Apple has their work cut out for them.

It is possible that iOS 8’s slower adoption could be due to the fact that the jump from iOS 7 to iOS 8 was not as big as iOS 6 to iOS 7. It could also be due to the fact that iOS 8 does not run as smoothly on older devices like the iPhone 4S, and given that there are still many users out there with older iPhones, it might explain their hesitation to upgrade.

There was also the issue of buggy initial releases that have put some users off from updating to the latest build, but in any case iOS 8’s adoption is slow, but either way we’ll just have to wait and see if it can achieve the same market share iOS 7 did by September, but what do you guys think? Possible?

Filed in Apple >Cellphones >Tablets. Read more about .

Discover more from Ubergizmo

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading