Samsung confirmed earlier this month that there is a battery cell issue in the Galaxy Note 7. It then halted sales of the new flagship and launched a replacement program to replace every single Galaxy Note 7 unit shipped since the handset was released. The company has now confirmed that more than one million customers across the globe have handed in their old unit to receive a safe one from Samsung that’s not at the risk of exploding without any reason.
Earlier this week, Samsung said that 60 percent of Galaxy Note 7 customers have exchanged their old units for a new one. It also said that 57 percent have done this in Europe while the number is expected to reach almost 80 percent in South Korea by Monday.
In an updated posted on its Chinese website, Samsung has revealed that it has handed out over one million safe Galaxy Note 7s as replacements across the globe, out of which 150,000 are customers in China who are using safe units.
Samsung has also said in the same update that it’s going to look into reports out of China which suggest that some users are facing problems with their new Galaxy Note 7 units, problems reported so far include overheating and the battery draining too fast.
The company says that it has already looked into a few cases in China and there’s no evidence to suggest that there are widespread battery cell issues with the safe units as well.
- Super AMOLED
- 515 PPI
- f/1.7 Aperture
- No Wireless Charg.
- Snapdragon 823/Exynos 8893