In what seems like a rather bizarre and almost unbelievable story, a man in Taiwan fell asleep and woke up to find that he had accidentally swallowed one of his AirPods. He then tried to locate it using iPhone tracking feature, only to discover in horror that the sound emanating from the AirPod was coming from inside of him.

Advertising

We’re not sure how one could accidentally swallow an AirPod and not be aware of it, but according to the man in question, “I checked under my blanket and looked around but couldn’t find it – then I realised the sound was coming from my stomach.” He later made a trip to the Kaohsiung Municipal United Hospital where the doctor had confirmed through an X-ray that he had indeed swallowed his headphones.

Thankfully for the man, the X-ray found that the headphone was already passing through his digestive system which means that no surgery would be required to remove it and all he had to do was to let it pass normally. He was then prescribed some laxatives and told to keep an eye out for his missing AirPod whenever he had to poop.

It did not take too long as it was only the next day that he managed to poop his AirPod out, and the best part was that it was still in working condition with 41% battery remaining. According to Dr Chen Chieh-fan who worked in the emergency room at the hospital the man went to, he claims that the plastic casing of the AirPod had acted as a protective barrier of sorts, where had the internal components like the battery been exposed, the man could have been in all sorts of trouble. You can check out the video above if you can understand Mandarin.

Filed in Apple >Audio >Gadgets. Read more about and . Source: dailymail

Related Articles on Ubergizmo