IFA is where Lenovo announces the high-end Yoga laptop refresh, and this year, the Lenovo Yoga C940 (14”+15”) takes on the role of luxury consumer laptop, replacing the Yoga C930 announced at IFA 2018 and reviewed a bit later on Ubergizmo.
These new Yoga laptops come with features such as Lock Screen Support, which is the ability to use the laptop as a voice-assistant (Amazon Alexa, in multiple languages) even when it is closed. Additionally, fetching emails and other background tasks can also be performed when closed.
The 14” and 15” version of the Yoga C940 share a similar design language with the iconic soundbar-hinge which has evolved into a more symmetrical piece this year. Their aluminum chassis is very well crafted and feel extremely rigid and sturdy.
However, the Yoga C940 14-inch is a little bit more advanced when it comes to computing platform and display technologies. At the moment, that particular model can be configured with Intel’s 10th generation processor (i5, i7) and 16GB of RAM.
For creative work, the 14-inch is a very good display option with 4mm narrow bezels, 500-NIT of brightness (VESA HDR) and 100% sRGB color gamut. The 15.6-inch Yoga C940 seems more designed for home use, and features an equally bright display option, but with a 72% sRGB color gamut capability.
We are a bit surprised to find a 9th generation Intel processor in the 15.6 C940, but it may have to do with the prices Lenovo are trying to achieve. We’ll ask when we have a chance. The good news for gamers is that the larger chassis can accommodate a discrete NVIDIA GTX 1650 graphics processor, which has a lot more humph than the Intel UHD 950/960 of the 14-inch C940.
Both versions have a TrueBlock privacy shutter and multiple microphones optimized for voice-assistants. For security purposes, they also feature a fingerprint reader.
- Up to 16GB RAM
- PCIe SSD : 256 GB / 512 GB / 1 TB or Intel® Teton Glacier : SSD 32 GB + 512 GB / SSD 32 GB + 1 TB
- Rotating Sound Bar with Dolby Atmos Speaker System
- All-Metal CNC
- WiFi 6 (2×2 802.11 ax), WiFi 5 (2×2 802.11 ac)
- 2 x USB Type-C™ (Thunderbolt, PD, DisplayPort, USB 3.1 Gen 2 full-function), 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 27 (Type-A), Audio Jack
- C910-14: up to 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i7
- C910-15: up to 9th Generation Intel® Core™ i7
- C910-14: Intel® UHD 960 GPU
- C910-15: GeForce® GTX 1650 GPU
- C910-14: 320.6 x 215.2 x 14.1mm for 2.98 Lbs
- C910-15: 355.5 x 238.5 x 17.5mm for 4.19 Lbs