When you do not want an email account associated with a device, you simply delete it. Normally, you would do it if you are switching your primary email address or cleaning the slate before selling the device. But, how do you delete email accounts on iPhone? In either case, do you want to delete the entire email account from your iPhone or just specific emails?
Here, we will let you know everything you need to know about how to delete emails and accounts on iPhone.
Note: This guide works with iOS 10.2.1, although steps should be relatively similar in previous and future versions.
How To Delete Emails On iPhone Using The Default Mail App?
- Launch the “Mail” app.
- Head on to the mailboxes screen if you are already inside the Inbox screen as shown in the image below.
- Either way, after you have reached the mailboxes screen, you just need to tap on “All Mail” section.
- Now, find the targeted email message and simply swipe left to find “Delete” option listed as shown in the image above.
- If you want to delete multiple email messages, you can tap on “Edit” from the top right corner of the screen and then select the desired emails to be deleted. Finally, tap on delete after selecting all the necessary email messages as shown in the image above.
How To Delete An Email Account On iPhone?
- Head on to the “Settings“.
- Scroll down to find “Mail” and then tap on it.
- Now, tap on “Accounts“.
- You can then select the account you want to delete from the iPhone (whether be it a Google Account, Exchange, Aol., Yahoo, etc.) However, do note that you cannot delete the iCloud account, you will only get the ability to change the settings and sign out.
- For instance, you tap on “Gmail“. You will observe the associated options which can be tweaked. Here, as you want to delete the email account, simply tap on “Delete Account“.
- Finally, confirm the action by tapping on “Delete from My iPhone“. You have successfully deleted the associated data from the iPhone but not from Gmail and so does apply for other email service clients as well.
Do you like to keep using the default Mail app or do you use some other app for managing emails on iPhone? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.