The great thing about using iTunes with the iPhone is that syncing your music is pretty simple and straightforward. However, if you’ve switched from an iPhone to an Android device and want to transfer your iTunes music over, there are several ways that you can actually go about doing it, and we are going to show you how.
Transfer Music From iTunes To Android Manually
This is the most basic and straightforward method available where you literally copy your music files from your iTunes library and paste it into your Android handset. Here’s how you do that.
- Locate your iTunes folder where your songs are kept. You can find it by launching iTunes, go to Edit > Preferences > Advanced
- Go to iTunes Media > Music where they will be sorted according to their artist name
- Select the songs you want to copy over to your Android phone
- Connect your Android phone to your computer and open it using File Explorer
- Navigate to the Music folder and copy your songs into the folder. Once that’s done, you should able to access your music files on your Android phone.
Transfer Music From iTunes To Android With Google Play Music
If you’re planning on moving to Android, then Google Play Music could be worth looking into as you can actually transfer songs from your iTunes library to it. Google has given users a 50,000 song upload limit, and the best part is that because it is synced in the cloud, you can access it on multiple Android devices that share the same account.
- Download the Google Play Music Manager and install it
- Once installed, it will automatically attempt to locate songs from your iTunes library
- Follow the instructions on the screen where it will take you through the steps to upload songs from your iTunes library to Google Play Music
- Once the upload is complete, launch Google Play Music on your Android device and you should see your songs there.
Transfer Music From iTunes To Android With doubleTwist
doubleTwist (download) is a free application for Windows that lets you sync your songs from iTunes to your Android device. This is a much more simpler option than the one mentioned above, plus you also have the option of keeping it synced whenever you download new songs to your computer.
- Launch the doubleTwist app
- Connect your Android phone to your computer
- Under the Music tab, check Sync music
- Select the playlists, albums, artists, or genres you want synced to your Android phone
- Click Sync now to begin the transfer, after which you can then access the songs on your Android phone.
All the methods listed above are free including the apps that you might need to download. They are also quite straightforward and pretty quick, where how fast it takes to transfer will depend on how many songs you’ve got.