phone_on_fireIt’s not everyday that you read about phones catching on fire or exploding, but the frequency of these reports are quite disturbing and we can only wonder when will it happen to us? That being said, it seems that there are new reports of a phone catching on fire, this time the device in question is the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+.

According to the reports, it seems that nothing out of the ordinary was happening. The phone was on the bed charging and was not covered by the sheets or a pillow, so overheating did not seem like a possibility. The person whose phone caught on fire said that they heard a sizzling sound followed by the smell of “nasty fumes”, before it caught on fire.

The only thing out of the ordinary was the fact that the person was using a Samsung Galaxy S3 charger to charge the device, instead of the one bundled in their purchase. However according to the Repair Center in Pembroke Pines Florida, they claim that it is unlikely that the Galaxy S3’s charger is to blame. Instead it seems that they are chalking this up to a possible faulty battery or damage to the phone itself that might have been caused by the user.

Filed in Cellphones. Read more about , and .

  • 2560x1440
  • Super AMOLED
  • 576 PPI
16 MP
  • f/1.9 Aperture
  • OIS
2600 mAh
  • Non-Removable
  • Wireless Charging
  • Exynos 7420
  • None
~$535 - Amazon
132 g
Launched in
Storage (GB)
  • 32
  • 64
  • 128

Discover more from Ubergizmo

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading