A report from The Sun in the UK has revealed that another Samsung phone has exploded, and this time it is that of the Galaxy S7. To be fair, there have been almost no reports of Galaxy S7/S7 Edge exploding in the past, so this timing is rather unfortunate as Samsung is in the midst of trying to deal with the Note 7 recall.
According to the report, 30-year old Sarah Crockett was in a restaurant in the middle of the day with the phone in her hand when the phone ballooned up and started to smoke, which was caught on CCTV (see screenshot above). “It suddenly just expanded in my hand and got really, really hot. I dropped it on the table. Within a few seconds there was smoke everywhere and I jumped out of the way. The whole thing was just barbecued.”
Crockett claims that her phone was not charging at the time of the incident, which Samsung seemed surprised to hear. According to a Samsung spokesman, “There are no known safety issues with Galaxy S7 devices. This issue is currently being investigated and our customer services team is in contact with the customer regarding the matter.”
- Super AMOLED
- 576 PPI
- f/1.7 Aperture
- Wireless Charging
- Snapdragon 820/ Exynos 8