Image credit – ukbookpublishing.com

We have heard unfortunate stories in the past where people have died after being electrocuted by their charging cables. However it seems that over in Malaysia, a teen has reportedly died after being electrocuted while using a pair of headphones that was plugged into a mobile phone that was also being charged.

This was reported by Sinar Harian (via Coconuts KL) where according to police, the teen’s mother found his motionless body after coming home in the afternoon. She had initially spotted his motionless body in the early morning but assumed that he was sleeping, but she later felt uneasy and decided to go home to check on him, where she discovered his body was cold to the touch which prompted her to call a medical officer to her home.

According to the officer, the lack of bruising or any form of injuries save for bleeding coming from his left ear led to the conclusion that he was most likely electrocuted, which was later confirmed during a postmortem at the Tuanku Ja’afar Hospital. As odd as this might seem, this is actually not the first time that there have been similar reports.

Earlier this year it was reported that a girl from Brazil had died under similar circumstances, so it has happened before. It has been suggested that you not use your headphones while they’re plugged into a phone that’s charging, or to use them if their wires are frayed and exposed.

Filed in Audio >Gadgets >General. Read more about Headphones and Safety.

Related Articles on Ubergizmo