There are a lot of people who like wearing headphones/earphones when they go to bed. Given that now we live in the age where we have wireless earbuds, it has become even more convenient than ever, but it also turns out that maybe it could be a health and choking hazard waiting to happen.

According to a report from WWLP News 22, this is exactly what happened to a man, Bradford Gauthier, from Worcester, Massachusetts, who went to bed with his AirPods in his ears, only to wake up to find one of them missing. A trip to the emergency room and an X-ray scan later revealed that one of his AirPods had been swallowed and was not trapped in his esophagus.

Gauthier claims to have woken up in the morning and felt a slight discomfort in his chest but didn’t think too much of it. He later went to shovel snow for an hour, came back and drank some water only to find out he couldn’t swallow, which led him to making a trip to the ER. Thankfully, the AirPod was removed and there were no serious injuries caused as a result.

Amazingly enough, this isn’t the first time we’re hearing about people accidentally swallowing their AirPods. The first reported case was back in 2019 with a man from Taiwan who managed to poop it out. This was followed by another case in 2020 where a 7-year swallowed his AirPods, although thankfully all these cases did not result in anything more serious.

Filed in Apple >Audio >Gadgets. Read more about and . Source: cultofmac

Discover more from Ubergizmo

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading